- Solar pad site leased and constructed at the Reese Technology Center. TTU’s solar array is complete and was commissioned 5/9/17. Group NIRE’s solar array was completed and commissioned 2/28/17.
Developed a solar test facility to maximize solar generation and support of distributed energy and micro-grid opportunities as a GLEAMM priority.
Facilities and Equipment:
- Mark Harral, Group NIRE CEO
- Michael Giesselmann, Texas Tech Electrical & Computer Engineering Department Chair
- Stephen B. Bayne, Texas Tech Electrical & Computer Engineering Researcher
- Miao He, Texas Tech Electrical & Computer Engineering Researcher
- Zhaoyang Fan, Texas Tech Electrical & Computer Engineering Researcher
- Mark Harral was Co-Founder of Solar Powered Technologies which was a developer of solar plants in West Texas and developed a new serial inverter for solar panels.
Smart Utility Interface for Photo-Voltaic Converters
Michael Giesselmann and A. Dusang, Texas Tech University
Texas Tech University engineers and researchers are developing smart utility interfaces for photo-voltaic converters. There is a need for power electronic converters which synchronize with the utility voltage to produce DC power when exposed to the sun. The converters provide power to weather sensors, remote communications equipment, battery charging, and other related areas.
Read full article here.