- 1MW/1MWh Battery
- DOE provided the funds to deploy a 1MW/1MWh battery to be used in coordination with the wind turbines at the site.
- The battery works in concert with the load, wind turbines, and can be connected to any future development.
- Primary test bed located at Reese Technology Center.
Advancing peak shaving and storage opportunities through a variety of facilities and capabilities is a GLEAMM priority.
Facilities and Equipment:
- The team performed long term testing on the performance of the 1MW/1MWh battery system which included the following types of test:
- Ramp Rate Control;
- Demand Shaving;
- Frequency Response; and
- Combinations of the above.