GLEAMM Spark Fund is a $1M proof of concept grant program designed to accelerate the commercialization of energy technologies through gap funding by launching startups based on GLEAMM-affiliated university intellectual property and attracting private sector sponsored research.
- Translational research funding to facilitate future license opportunities
- Market validation of technology via an accelerator or lean start-up program
- Researcher/student education and mentoring on new venture creation
- Increase public-private partnerships through sponsored research
University researchers may request up to $50,000 per proposal* to accelerate the commercial development of technology within any of the following GLEAMM focus areas:
– Weather & energy forecasting
– Phasor measurement units
– Battery Storage
– Silicon Carbide development
– Distributed Generation
* Multiple proposals may be submitted by the same applicant for different technologies. Award timeline is one year.